When there are multiple semi-structured (based on FlexiLayout) Document Definitions in the FlexiCapture project, when importing a file, the FlexiCapture needs to decide what Document Definition to match with the imported file. Based on what factors, how, FlexiCapture decides what Document Definition to use?
The are multiple factors that affect semi-structured Document Definitions' matching.
- Use first acceptable FlexiLayout option. This option can be found in the Document Definition list of the project. FlexiCapture will match the document with the first Document Definition that it can be matched with, even if the quality of matching of other Document Definitions could be higher. This option is useful to control the matching process. The FlexiCapture will check all Document Definitions and will find all Document Definitions that can be matched with the uploaded image. But it will not perform the matching with all of them and will choose the first Document Definition that can be matched, which can shorten the processing time. If you are sure that each imported document can be matched with only one Document Definition it is recommended to leave this option on. Otherwise, turn it off, for FlexiCapture to check the quality of matching for other Document Definitions.
- Quality of matching. Quality of matching is an internal metric that takes into account multiple matching factors. If the Use first acceptable FlexiLayout option is turned off, the FlexiCapture will check the imported document against each Document Definition and will choose the one with the highest matching quality.
- Required Element. When creating an Element in FlexiLayout, you can choose the element to be Required, Optional, or Prohibited. Matching of Optional Elements affects only the quality of matching. If the Required Element of FlexiLayout was not found on the document, it means that the FlexiCapture will not match this FlexiLayout with said document.
- Prohibited Element. Contrary to the Required Element, if the Prohibited Element was found on the imported document, it means that the FlexiCapture will not match this FlexiLayout with said document.
What to check when the Document Definition matching results in FlexiCapture are not as expected?
- Usage of Required and Prohibited Elements in FlexiLayouts. If you need FlexiCapture to match Document Definitions based on some text or other Elements on the Document, make sure that the configuration of said elements is correct.
- Use first acceptable FlexiLayout option. If you do not use the Required and Prohibited Elements in your FlexiLayouts, or despite such elements being used, the document still can be matched with multiple Document Definitions, depending on the desired results, this option can be turned off. This way, FlexiCapture to be able to check each of the Document Definitions, compare the quality of matching and choose the most suitable Document Definition.