How to add FlexiCapture 12 application to the white-list of Antivirus, and fix the possible errors:
- Sharing Violation errors
- License error
- Errors during installation
Some antiviruses can block or interrupt the normal work of FlexiCapture, the resolution in such cases could be adding FlexiCapture components to the white-list of Antivirus.
FlexiCapture installation folders:
- C:\Program Files\ABBYY FlexiCapture 12 Servers
(on the application server and processing server machines).
- C:\Program Files\ABBYY FlexiCapture 12 Stations
(on machines with processing stations and user stations such as verification station and project setup station).
Folders containing logs, settings, and temporary files (on all of the machines with FlexiCapture components):
- C:\Users\All Users\ABBYY\FlexiCapture.
- %TEMP% on Processing Stations.
If the database uses external file storage - the FlexiCapture file storage folder should also be added to the whitelist.
Also, it is recommended to add an exclusion for Antivirus for this FlexiCapture services and processes:
- FlexiBrSvc.exe (processing server and processing stations)
- FlexiEx.exe (project setup station and verification station background executors)
- w3wp.exe (FlexiCapture IIS application pools)
- FlexiCapture.exe (default station executor)
- ScanStationFC.exe (scanning station executor)
- ScanningPluginBR.exe (web scanning station executor)
- LicensingService.exe (license service executor)