Can the FlexiCapture File Storage folder size be reduced?
The size of the File Storage folder depends on the files being processed, as well as the FlexiCapture projects' sizes.
For the files being processed. the required size can be roughly estimated as follows:
average size of image to be processed * number of images in set * 2.
The formula above does not apply to formats that use vector graphics, specifically PDF. Images in vector formats will be converted to a raster format during processing, which will significantly increase their size.
You can clean up the processed batches from the FileStorage using the clean-up functionality of FlexiCapture: set the Delete processed batched after <selected number> days option to one week or less. You can also periodically clean the processed batches through the Manual cleanup feature of the Administration and Monitoring Console.
You can also completely clean up the file-storage folder:
- Export the projects: Project Setup Station > Open Project from Server > Project > Export project.
- Make sure that you do not have any batches being processed. It is necessary to stop the production, because the next is deleting the project from the server.
- Cleanup processed batches: Administration and Monitoring Console > Service > Cleanup > Manual cleanup. Select the Processed batches, choose the period and click the Cleanup button.
- Close all sessions: Administration and Monitoring Console > Monitoring > Sessions.
- Delete projects from the Server: Administration and Monitoring Console > Settings > Projects.
- At this moment, all the data related to the project should already be deleted from the FileStorage.
- Upload the project to the server again via the Project Setup Station.
Additionally, you may also Compact project before re-uploading it to the server, which will reduce the size of the projects.
The article CompactProject provides additional information about the compact project option.
Please sign in to leave a comment.