When running the connectivity tests through GUI, the test runs successfully. But on executing with the FlexiBRSVC, an authentication failure message is received.
This error was caused by a bug in the ODBC driver which was related to Azure AD authentication for some variants of Azure SQL DB.
The bug was fixed in Microsoft ODBC Driver 17 Version number: 184.108.40.206. Updating your driver version to this will fix the issue.
The driver can be downloaded from the Microsoft webpage.
Bug fixes in the Microsoft ODBC Driver 17.7 for SQL Server
- Fix character encoding of VARIANT columns in BCP NATIVE mode
- Fix setting of SQL_ATTR_PARAMS_PROCESSED_PTR under specific conditions
- Fix SQLDescribeParam in FMTONLY mode for statements containing comments
- Fix an issue with federated authentication when using Okta
- Fix excessive memory usage on multi-processor systems
- Fix Azure AD authentication for some variants of Azure SQL DB