How to reduce the size of the PDF document in FineReader PDF 15?
PDF documents that contain page images or a lot of pictures can be very large. The PDF Editor allows you to reduce the size of such documents.
- Open the needed document in FineReader PDF 15.
- Click File > Reduce File Size....
- In the dialog box that opens, the following options are available:
- Image quality - Select this option if you want to reduce the size of the file by lowering the quality of the pictures inside the document.
- Use MRC compression (specify OCR languages below) - Select this option if you want to apply the MRC compression algorithm to recognized pages, which considerably reduces file size while preserving the page images' visual quality.
- OCR languages - Check the selected OCR language(s).
The compressed PDF document will be opened in a new window.