FineReader PDF for Mac does not recognize my Fujitsu ScanSnap scanner. How to use the scanner with FineReader PDF for Mac?
Scanning with a ScanSnap scanner directly in FineReader PDF for Mac is not supported due to specific ScanSnap scanner drivers.
However, there is a way to scan documents using ScanSnap Home with the subsequent sending them to FineReader PDF for Mac. Please follow the steps below:
- Before starting to scan launch FineReader PDF for Mac;
- Launch ScanSnap Home and click button > click Add profiles button or edit an existing profile;
- Define the scan settings;
- In the Application field click the Send to drop-down list > select the Add or Remove... button;
- Click the Add... button > specify the path to FineReader PDF for Mac by clicking the Browse... button > specify the desired Display name (e.g. Scan to FineReader PDF) > OK;
- Click Exit in the Application settings window;
- Select Scan to FineReader PDF in the Send to list and save your profile;
- Scan a document with the profile by pressing the Scan button in ScanSnap Home or on your ScanSnap scanner.
The document will be scanned and opened in FineReader PDF for Mac.