How to speed up the processing of a large number of documents with the same layout in FineReader PDF 15?
If you are processing a large number of documents with identical layouts (e.g. forms or questionnaires), analyzing the layout of every page will be very time-consuming. To save time, you can analyze only one document in a set of similar documents and save the detected areas as a template. Then you can use this template for the other documents in the set.
To create an area template:
- Open a document in the OCR Editor and either let the program analyze the layout automatically or draw the areas manually.
- Click the Area menu > Save Area Template.... In the dialog box that opens, specify a name and a destination folder for the area template and click Save.
Please note to be able to use an area template, you must scan all the documents in the set using the same resolution value.
To apply an area template:
- In the PAGES pane, select the pages to which you want to apply the template.
- Click Area > Load Area Template....
- In the Open Area Template dialog box, select the desired template file (*.blk).
- In the same dialog box, next to Apply to, select Selected pages to apply the template to the selected pages.
If you want to apply the template to all pages in the document, select All pages.
- Click Open.
- Recognize the pages and save them.