How to speed up the processing of a large number of documents with the same layout in FineReader PDF?
When processing a large number of documents with identical layouts (e.g. forms or questionnaires), it can be time-consuming to analyze the layout of every page. To save time, only one document can be analyzed in a set of similar documents, and detected areas can be saved as a template. Then this template can be used for the other documents in the set.
To create an area template:
- Open a document in the OCR Editor and either let the program analyze the layout automatically or draw the areas manually.
- Click the Area menu > Save Area Template.... In the dialog box that opens, specify a name and a destination folder for the area template and click Save.
Please note, to be able to use an area template, all the documents in the set must be scanned using the same resolution value.
To apply an area template:
- In the PAGES pane, select the pages which must be applied to the template.
- Click Area > Load Area Template....
- In the Open Area Template dialog box, select the desired template file (*.blk).
- In the same dialog box, next to Apply to, select Selected pages to apply the template to the selected pages.
If the template needs to be applied to all pages in the document, select All pages
- Click Open.
- Recognize the pages and save them.