How to migrate FineReader to another computer?
To transfer the FineReader to another computer, please complete the steps below:
- Make sure the serial number is correct (activation key):
- If the download version of the program has been purchased, the serial number can be found in the confirmation e-mail received after the purchase.
- If the boxed version of the program has been purchased, the serial number can be found on a card inside the CD case.
- Uninstall FineReader from the computer where it was originally installed.
- Use the latest distribution kit of the corresponding version of FineReader: FineReader download links.
- Install the program on the new computer.
- Activate FineReader using the serial number.
In case the workstation where the software was originally installed is not in use anymore (the computer is formatted or taken out of service), there is no need to uninstall the program, please just install it on the new workstation.
Note: To transfer FineReader PDF settings to another PC, please copy the file fineUI.CommonSettings.xml from the following folder: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\ABBYY\FineReader\<version>.
If the error message "Automatic activation has been blocked or you are trying to activate the program on more than one computer" has been received, please submit a request to our Customer Support.