How to migrate FineReader to another PC?
To transfer the FineReader to another computer complete the steps below:
- Make sure you have the serial number (activation key):
- If you purchased the download version of the program, the serial number can be found in the confirmation e-mail that you received after your purchase.
- If you purchased the boxed version of the program, you can find the serial number on a card inside the CD case.
- Uninstall FineReader from the computer where it was originally installed.
- Use the latest distribution kit for your version of FineReader: FineReader download links
- Install the program on a new computer.
- Activate FineReader using the serial number of your copy of the program.
In case the workstation where the software was originally installed is not in use anymore (computer is formatted or taken out of service), there is no need to uninstall the program, you can just install it on the new workstation.
Note: In order to transfer FineReader PDF 15 settings to another PC you can copy the file fineUI.CommonSettings.xml from the following folder: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\ABBYY\FineReader\15.
If you receive a message that automatic activation has been blocked or you are trying to activate the program on more than one computer, submit a request to our Customer Support.