How to check if an update for FineReader PDF for Mac is available? How to install it?
If you purchased the product in Mac App Store, please find the update there.
If you purchased the product in ABBYY Online Store or other stores:
- Check if an update is available. Start the program, click on ABBYY FineReader PDF > Check for Updates:
The web page will open, showing if there is an update available.
- Download the update file by clicking on the Download update button or the link to the .dmg file you find on the page.
- When the .dmg file has finished downloading, a Finder window opens.
If it doesn’t open, go to the Finder > open the Downloads folder and click on the ABBYY_FineReader_PDF.dmg file.
- In the Finder window, drag the FineReader app icon onto the Applications folder and confirm the replacement of the current version of the application with a new one.
- Go to the Applications folder and double-click the FineReader icon to start FineReader.