How to validate and restrict data values for a text field?
To make a restriction on what values are allowed for a text field:
- Open the field properties in the Document Definition editor, and navigate to the Data tab.
- Click on Edit under the Validation section.
- Enable the Content constraint option and select the Allowed values or the Regular expression from the list.
- Enable Use an external source of allowed values to validate the value with the data from a Database or File.
- Enable Treat validation error as warning to get a warning instead of an error if validation is not successful.