When starting Screenshot Reader 11, the following error message appears:
Cannot start the program because the licensing service has been stopped.
The Screenshot Reader 11 Licensing Service has been stopped. This can be caused by other software e.g. antivirus. Also sometimes the system starts its services that have more priority and the Screenshot Reader licensing service was not started due to timeout.
To fix the issue, please start the service. Follow the steps below:
- Type in the Windows search Services and open it.
- Find the ABBYY Screenshot Reader 11 Licensing Service in the list of services and right-click it.
- Select Properties from the shortcut menu.
- Select the General tab.
- Check if the Automatic item is selected in the Startup type drop-down list. If a different item is selected, select Automatic or select Automatic (Delayed start) in case the error message occurs every time after a reboot.
- Click the OK button.
- In the Services dialog, right-click the ABBYY Screenshot Reader 11 Licensing Service and select Start from the shortcut menu.
- After the service started, launch Screenshot Reader 11.