How to collect fiddler log with traffic encryption for protected connections?
In the ABBYY Help Center there is already the article about gathering Fiddler logs:
The problem is - this guide doesn't take into account the possible traffic encryption which that is used if we try to analyze the protected connections (HTTPS etc).
Here is the modified instruction that allows to record the encrypted traffic in a readable way:
- Download the Fiddler for Windows from http://www.telerik.com/download/fiddler;
- Install the program on the issued machine.
- Close all web-browsers, if there are any currently opened on both machines.
- Run Fiddler2 (Start > All Programs > Fiddler2) on both machines. If you see a window with a question about Firewall, then choose "No";
- Go to Tools > Options and mark checkboxes "Capture HTTPS CONNECTs" and "Decrypt HTTPS traffic":
- Reproduce the issue;
- In the Fiddler2 program window press the Save button on the top toolbar;
- Save .saz-file on both machines and send them to Technical Support.