When you are trying to highlight the text in a document, the text is not highlighted but put into a frame as in the screenshot below:
The background recognition is disabled in the settings of FineReader PDF 15.
To resolve the issue, please enable the background recognition as follows:
- Open your document in the PDF Editor;
- Go to the Tools menu above > select Options...;
- Activate the option Enable background recognition in the PDF Editor > OK;
- Wait till the background recognition is completed;
- Try to highlight the text with the Highlight tool .
If some text still cannot be highlighted, please recognize the document: click the File menu > select Recognize Document > Recognize Document...