How to restore a database from a backup in the BCR for Android?
Important! Restoring a database replaces all existing cards with business cards from your backup.
To restore a database from a backup, follow the steps:
- Close ABBYY BCR:
- Touch and hold the application icon on your home screen, tap (i) and select Close.
- Open Settings > Apps and notifications, find ABBYY BCR and tap Close.
If you can’t find ABBYY BCR in the list, tap See all apps.
- Connect your device to your PC.
- Open Internal storage and go to Android > data.
- If you are using ABBYY BCR Pro, open the com.abbyy.mobile.bcr folder.
- If you are using ABBYY BCR Free, open the com.abbyy.mobile.bcr.lite folder.
- Rename your backup file containing the business card database to backup.sqlite and copy it to the specified folder.
Important! Make sure that the specified folder contains only one backup file.
- Start ABBYY BCR and wait until all the data is recovered.
New business cards will appear in the Cardholder after a successful backup recovery.
- Recovering large backup files takes some time. Do not close the application until recovery has been completed.
- If you didn’t close ABBYY BCR before copying your backup file using one of the above methods, the application will be force stopped. Restart ABBYY BCR.
- The instruction is applicable only for BCR app version 9 or later.