How to set passwords to protect PDF documents from unauthorized access, editing, and printing?
A PDF document can be protected with a Document Open password and/or Permissions Password in FineReader PDF 15.
To apply password protection to all PDF documents, go to Tools > Options... > Format Settings > PDF > tick the Protect documents with passwords option > the Security Settings dialog box will open > set the options needed.
To protect an individual document with a password, please use the PDF Editor:
- Сlick thebutton on the PDF Tools toolbar or click Tools > Password Security....
The Security Settings dialog box will open.
- If you want to protect your document from unauthorized opening, select the Restrict access with a Document Open password option.
- Type a Document Open password and confirm it.
- If you want to prevent unauthorized printing, editing, or copying of your document, select the Restrict printing and editing with a Permissions password option.
- Type a Permissions Password and confirm it.
The Document Open Password and the Permissions Password must be different.
- From the Printing drop-down list, select a printing resolution for your document.
- From the Editing drop-down list, select allowed editing operations.
- If you want to allow other users to copy and edit the content of your document, select the corresponding options.
- Select an encryption level and components to encrypt.
- Click OK.
Please sign in to leave a comment.