Any attempt to run Advanced conversion (open OCR Editor > create a new project) finishes with an app crash. The following error message appears:
ABBYY FineReader PDF quit unexpectedly.
FineReader could not load a certain font.
To solve the issue, you should delete the font, which causes the crash.
Please follow the steps below to identify and delete such font:
1. Reproduce the crash and find the latest log file from the ~/Library/Application Support/ABBYY/com.abbyy.FineReader/SDK/12/FineReader Engine/Log
To view the mentioned folder, please make all hidden folders visible. You can use one of these options:
- Open the Finder and press "Command + Shift + . " to reveal the hidden folders.
- Hold the Cmd key and then click on the Finder's main menu Go > Library.
- Type the full path in the Go dialogue:
2. At the end of the log file (can be opened in any text editor software), find the line with the name of the font. For example:
3. Go to the folder specified in the log file and delete the font.