Error message pops up when you use this command:
.\CreateEventLogDb.ps1 Server_Name\Instance_Name DB_Name
CreateEventlogDb.ps1 : The term 'CreateEventlogDb.ps1' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
The execution policy in PowerShell does not allow you to run a script.
For more information, check the Microsoft website: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/microsoft.powershell.core/about/about_execution_policies?view=powershell-7.2
1. Allow running scripts:
2. If a script is executed from the wrong directory:
3. Execute the command:
.\CreateEventLogDb.ps1 Server_Address\Instance_Name DB_Name
- .\CreateEventLogDb.ps1 - script that creates a new database for Reporting Service;
- Server_Address - the name of the server where SQL DB is installed;
- Instance_Name - the name of SQL DB Instance (in MS SQL Server usually it is SQLEXPRESS);
- DB_Name - the name of the database that you will create.
Correct message after the usage of CreateEventLogDb.ps1: