Please let me know what are all prerequisites for FlexiCapture complex installation.
Important! Before installing and setting up ABBYY FlexiCapture, be sure to disable UAC (User Account Control). Alternatively, you can install Application Server using the built-in administrator account.
To install and set up the server components of ABBYY FlexiCapture, you must first install Internet Information Services (IIS), Microsoft .NET Framework, and Microsoft SQL Server.
Internet Information Services (IIS) and Microsoft .NET Framework are installed via the Server Manager console (Start → All programs → Administrative Tools → Server Manager):
- In Server Manager, click Add roles and features.
- In the Server Roles list, select Web Server (IIS).
If IIS is already installed on your computer, make sure that the following IIS components are selected:
Web Management Tools
- IIS 6 Management Compatibility
- IIS Scripting Tools
- IIS 6 WMI Compatibility
- IIS Metabase and IIS 6 configuration compatibility
- IIS Management Console
World Wide Web Services
- Application Development Features
- .NET Extensibility
- ISAPI Extensions
- ISAPI Filters
- Common HTTP Features
- Default Document
- HTTP Errors
- HTTP Redirection
- Static Content
- Basic Authentication
- Request Filtering
- Windows Authentication
Note:You can additionally install any other IIS components that you need or install IIS in its entirety.
In the Features list, select .NET Framework 4.5 Features and make sure that the following components are selected:
- .NET Framework 4.5 Advanced Services
- ASP.NET 4.5
- WCF Services
- TCP Port Sharing
Microsoft SQL Server can be installed from the ABBYY FlexiCapture 12 setup package:
- Run Autorun.exe.
- Click 1. Distributed Installation → 1. Install External Components → Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Express.
- When installing Microsoft SQL Server, specify the following:
- Named instance: e.g., SQLExpress;
- Authentication Mode: Mixed Mode (SQL Server authentication and Windows authentication);
- The password for the SQL Server system administrator (sa) account and SQL Server administrators.
To install ABBYY FlexiCapture servers:
- On the Autorun menu, click 1. Distributed Installation → 2. Install Servers and follow the instructions of the install wizard.
- In the Custom Setup dialog box, select the following components:
- Processing Server
- Protection Server
- Application Server
- Web Stations
Once the setup is finished, the following will be launched automatically:
- the License Manage utility, where you can activate your serial number (see the Managing your licenses section).
- the Administration and Monitoring Console, where you can set up Application Server (see the Setup section).
Note: You can also launch the License Manager and the Administration and Monitoring Console manually by clicking Start → All Programs → ABBYY FlexiCapture 12 Servers.
To install ABBYY FlexiCapture stations:
- On the Autorun menu, click 1. Distributed Installation → 2. Install Workstations and follow the instructions of the setup wizard.
- In the Custom Setup dialog box, select the components you want to install (by default, all of the components are selected) and specify a destination folder.
- In the Protection Server Location dialog box, keep the default value (127.0.0.1).
- In the User account dialog box, select this account for the processing service: Default account (NT AUTHORITY\Network Service).
Once ABBYY FlexiCapture is installed, it must be set up for document and data capture.
You will find more detailed guides by the following link: