When launching PDF Editor, the following error appears:
Unknown error. Error code: 0xc1
Our team is investigating the causes of the issue.
Reinstall FineReader PDF 15 as follows:
- Uninstall FineReader PDF 15 using the standard Windows methods Start > Control Panel > Programs > Apps and Features.
- Delete the following folders that eventually still exist:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\ABBYY FineReader 15
Note: Folders ProgramData and AppData folders can be hidden.
- Switch off any third party software (registry cleaners, antivirus software).
- Download the latest distribution kit on our website: Download links for FineReader PDF 15.
- Install the program by right-clicking the installation file and choosing "Run as administrator".
- Turn on the antivirus software after the installation.
If the reinstallation won't help, as a temporary workaround, use the OCR Editor for recognition and conversion of the files:
- Right-click a file > select Convert with ABBYY FineReader PDF 15 > Open in OCR Editor, or
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\ABBYY FineReader 15 and run FineReaderOCR.exe file.