Is it possible to do direct scan launching in the Finereader 15 PDF as in FineReader 12 (using Quick Tasks)?
The described feature is not available in the current version of the software.
As a workaround solution you can do the following:
1. Create a shortcut for OCR Editor and send it to the desktop:
- Go to the search box on the Windows taskbar.
- Type ABBYY FineReader PDF 15 OCR Editor and click on Open file location:
- Right-click by the and select Send to > Desktop (create shortcut).
2. Make a shortcut for scanning option:
- Run OCR Editor shortcut and go to View > Toolbars > Customize... > Keyboard shortcuts.
- In Catagories choose Export and select Save as docx.
- Press new Shortcut key in the appropriate area, click Assign and Ok.
To scan the document do the following:
- Run a newly created shortcut, press Ctrl+Tab.
- Click the Tab button 4 times to get to the Scan option.
- Сlick Enter, scan the document and click the Key shortcut you have assigned before to save the file to docx format.
Our Research and Development department is aware of the situation. If the Quick Tasks option is available in future releases this information will be announced in the Release notes section.