How can I change conversion settings via the Command line to get the desired result?
Can I apply the customized settings (e.g. reduce the size of converted document, dpi resolution change, convert images to the grayscale or allow quality loss) while conversion using the command line?
During the conversion process via Command line FineReader PDF 15 always applies settings that were selected program interface last time the OCR Editor was launched.
To reduce the size of converted document or apply other settings do the following:
- Run FineReader PDF 15 and go to Tools > Options > Format settings tab.
- Choose Image quality option and choose Custom... from the drop-down list:
- Choose the desired custom settings:
- Click OK.
- In the Format settings tab click OK to save changes.
- Close FineReader PDF 15.
- Convert the document via the Command line:
- Open the Command line interface by pressing the Win+R key combination, entering "cmd" into the command line, and clicking OK.
- Enter a command for converting your documents, and press the Enter key.
“C:\Program Files (x86)\ABBYY FineReader 15\FineReaderOCR.exe” "C:\Users\%username%\Desktop\%document name%.pdf" /lang English /send PDFViewer
The document will be exported and opened in the default PDF Viewer.
7. Save the document.