After the update installation, there is a notification message that the update is still available. After clicking on it, there is the following message:
A newer version of this application is already installed on this computer.
If you wish to install this version, please uninstall the newer version first. Click OK to exit the wizard.
The update was not installed correctly.
To fix the issue, please do the following:
- Close FineReader PDF 15.
- Go to to folder C:\ProgramData\ABBYY\FineReader\15\Updates.
- Delete the content of the folder Updates.
- Launch FineReader PDF 15.
- In the menu, click on Help > Check for updates.
- Install the update anew.
Please note that the ProgramData folder can be hidden. To display hidden files and folders, please do the following:
- Click Start > Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization.
- Select Folder Options.
- Go to the View tab.
- Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
- Click OK.
Please sign in to leave a comment.