After downloading all necessary files (including the CanonicalGroupLimited.UbuntuonWindows_2004.2021.825.0.AppxBundle file) prior to the installation, the following error message is received during the installation:
Following files are not found in folder 'C:\Users\...': CanonicalGroupLimited.UbuntuonWindows_2004.2021.825.0.AppxBundle."
Timeline accept only "Ubuntu_2004.2020.424.0_x64.appx" with "Ubuntu2004.exe" inside. Therefore, you must perform a series of renames so that the Timeline Setup can proceed to the next steps of the installation wizard.
- Rename the CanonicalGroupLimited.UbuntuonWindows_2004.2021.825.0.AppxBundle (which is currently downloading via the link Ubuntu2004) file with ZIP extension.
- Unzip CanonicalGroupLimited.UbuntuonWindows_2004.2021.825.0.zip
- In the unzipped files find the Ubuntu_2004.2021.825.0_x64.aspx file and rename it to Ubuntu_2004.2020.424.0_x64.
- Unzip Ubuntu_2004.2020.424.0_x64.zip
- In the unzipped files find the ubuntu.exe file and rename it to ubuntu2004.exe
- Zip all files including the renamed ubuntu2004.exe with the name Ubuntu_2004.2020.424.0_x64.zip
- Rename Ubuntu_2004.2020.424.0_x64.zip file with appx extension. So you should end up with Ubuntu_2004.2020.424.0_x64.appx
Please sign in to leave a comment.