When FineReader PDF 15 is started, the following error message appears:
Cannot load DLL C:\Program Files (x86)\ABBYY FineReader 15\Image.Services.Core.dll.
The specified module could not be found.
The situation may be caused by the third-party software, such as antivirus software or CCleaner.
The instruction corresponds to a locally installed FineReader PDF 15.
To resolve the issue, please try to repair FineReader PDF 15 as described in the article: Repairing FineReader.
If it did not fix the issue, reinstall you copy of the program as described below:
- Uninstall FineReader PDF 15 and remove its program folders as described in the article: How to completely remove ABBYY FineReader?
- Temporarily disable the antivirus software installed on the computer.
- Download the distribution kit of the latest version.
- Start the installation process by right-clicking on the downloaded installation file and selecting Run as administrator.
- After the installation enable the antivirus software.
- Start FineReader PDF 15 and activate it with the serial number.
To prevent the error message to appear in the future, it is recommended to add the following program folders to the exceptions of the antivirus software installed on the computer:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\ABBYY FineReader 15.
If the issue persists after the steps above, please submit a request.