How to change the Base URL and Port Number after the Timeline installation?
The port number used by the ABBYY Timeline website is specified during the ABBYY Timeline installation. By default, TCP/IP port 80 or 443 is used for the ABBYY Timeline website. You can change the port number later using the TimelinePI.xml configuration file:
- Go to the computer on which the ABBYY Timeline is installed.
Note: To perform all activities below, you must be a system administrator of the computer on which the ABBYY Timeline is installed.
- Stop timelinepi service using Services snap-in or open Command Prompt as administrator and use:
sc stop timelinepiTo ensure the correct operation of the ABBYY Timeline, you need to stop timelinepi service prior to changing ABBYY Timeline configuration file.
- Open Command Line and use netstat -a to get a list of ports and choose an available port.
- Go to the ABBYY Timeline installation folder and open the TimelinePI.xml file using the text editor. By default, the program is installed into C:\Program Files\ABBYY Timeline
- In the TimelinePI.xml configuration file:
a. Find the line containing PROXY_PORT and change the value, e.g.:
<env name="PROXY_PORT" value="8080"/>If you use HTTPS port, change the value for the PROXY_SSL_PORT option. e.g.:
<env name="PROXY_SSL_PORT" value="30443"/>b. Find the line containing BASE_URL and add or change the port in the value. e.g.:
<env name="BASE_URL" value="https://mytimeline.com:8080"/>or
<env name="BASE_URL" value="http://mytimeline.com:30443"/>If you are using the default port (80 or 443), you do not need to add them to the URL. By default, TCP/IP port 80 or 443 is used.
- Save the TimelinePI.xml file.
- Start timelinepi service using Services snap-in or run Command Prompt as
administrator and use:
sc start timelinepi
Important: If you reassign port numbers, you will need to make changes to the appropriate
Windows Firewall rules or to the settings of any other firewall that you are using. Also, you will
need to make changes to BASE_URL