How can the projects from the Recognition Server (versions 3 and 4) be migrated to the FineReader Server 14?
ABBYY FineReader Server 14 can be installed alongside an existing ABBYY Recognition Server installation. The configuration of the previous version of the ABBYY Recognition Server can be imported into ABBYY FineReader Server 14.
To import the configuration:
- While in the Remote Administration Console of one of the previous versions of ABBYY Recognition Server, select the Recognition Server node and click the Properties button on the toolbar, or select the corresponding item on the shortcut menu.
- In the "Recognition Server Properties" dialog box, click the "Export…" button.
- Save the Configuration.xml file to the selected folder.
- In the ABBYY FineReader Server Remote Administration Console, select the FineReader Server node and click the Properties button on the toolbar, or select the corresponding item on the shortcut menu.
- In the FineReader "Server Properties" dialog box, click the "Import…" button in the Export/Import Settings group and specify a path to the saved Configuration.xml file.
- User dictionaries, samples, and templates are saved to separate files and are not transferred when importing configuration. They must be connected separately in the processing scenario settings.
- If both versions are installed on the same computer, it is necessary to reconfigure input settings after importing the configuration in order to avoid conflicts.
- In this version of ABBYY FineReader Server, a number of changes have been made to the XML result file. As a consequence, you may need to modify the software that integrates ABBYY FineReader Server with your data storage system. For detailed information, please refer to the section of ABBYY FineReader Server Help which describes the XML result file.