When downloading updates in FineReader PDF 15, the error message appears:
There was a problem with downloading updates. Cannot establish an Internet connection.
First, please check that an Internet connection is stable on the PC.
If there is an Internet connection on the PC but the error still appears, please try to follow the steps below:
- Close FineReader PDF 15.
- Go to to folder C:\ProgramData\ABBYY\FineReader\15\Updates.
Please note the ProgramData folder may be hidden.
- Delete the content of the folder.
- Start FineReader PDF 15 > go to the Help menu > select Check for updates.
- Install the updates.
If it did not fix the issue, try to install updates using the distribution kit of the latest program version as follows:
- Temporarily disable the antivirus software installed on the computer.
- Download the distribution kit of the latest version: Download links for FineReader PDF 15.
- Start the installation.
The files will be extracted to the temporary folder (by default C:\temp\FR15).
- Run the Setup.exe (in C:\temp\FR15) and install the program.
- After completing the installation, check that the updates are installed and no updates are available:
in FineReader PDF 15 go to the Help menu > select Check for updates.
If the issue persists after following the steps above, please submit a request.