How to merge fields or two repeating group values into one field?
The fields values can be merged using Merge Rule in Document Definition.
- Open the project at Project Setup Station.
- Open the Document Definitions list: in main menu Project > Document Definitions...
- Select the Document Definition and click "Edit..." button at the right pane to open Document Definition Editor.
- Create a separate field of a Text type in the Document Definition Editor first.
- Right-click on the document's structure Fields area > Create fields > Text
- After creating the field, use the following steps to set up the Rule:
- Double-click on the newly created field
- Open the Rules tab
- Click on New Rule…
- Select Merge Fields… and click OK
- Leave default settings on the General tab (the rule should be applied always) and click Next
- Click Add… to select the fields to merge
- Specify the fields Separator (e.g., space bar can be added to spit the values)
- Once done, click Finish