Community

Optimize or minimize SQL Server usage of ABBYY FC

Hi,

I am a User of ABBYY Flexicapture 11 Distributed. Now a days the System Memory usage by SQL Server is increased to 1.5GB on my FC Server, I don't have any other database on SQL server except ABBYY Internal database. Anyone have any tricks to minimize the use of SQL DB by ABBYY. Are there any connections/updations being done by abbyy in database which can be avoided?

Thanks,
Rahul

Comments

3 comments

Ekaterina

Hello Rahul,

After long work of FlexiCapture, a significant increase in the size of database can be noticed. At the same time, more than 50% of the space can be occupied not with data, but with the indexes in tables. In order to decrease the size of database and improve performance, it is recommended that indexes should be rebuilt periodically (e.g., once for every million pages processed). This operation should be performed on tables, which contain data to be changed frequently. It is recommended to perform this operation on a regular basis for the Batch, Document, Page, EventLog, Task, DocumentParameter and BatchParameter tables. Also you may perform the DB cleaning via the Admin and Monitoring Console or reduce the Event log and report data to shorter period.

Rahul

Hello Ekaterina,

Thanks for the suggestions. I will rebuild the indexes for specified tables.

One more query, The EventLog table size is too high in my database which is almost 75% of tatal database size. I have done proper cleanup settings in Admin and Monitoring console and in Project Properties to keep data and batches of last 25 days only. But when I seen data in the table 'EventLogs' then I found there is data available from installation date of the server which is older than one year. If I delete those old entries from 'EventLogs' table then will it be fine, will it wrongly affect on abbyy operations?

- Rahul 

Ekaterina

Hello,

All will be fine.

Please sign in to leave a comment.