Anyone ever run into strange behavior when using the "Use key fields equality assembling rule" on a document definition with FlexiLayout? I'm getting a number of blank rows on export that I can't explain.
These blank rows then cause errors and/or are exported. If there are 200 invoice lines, Abbyy creates 200 blank rows and then gives me my recognition results.
Some questions I've come up with since encountering this issue:
- Does the key field have to be present on every page or just appear once per invoice I wish to combine?
- What about document headers and footers? Do these have an effect when "key fields equality..." is turned on?
- What else should I be checking or could I be missing? Screen shot of my settings attached.
I've also noticed that after FlexiCapture successfully combines multiple invoices based on a key field, when I try to view the results through Project Setup Station by double clicking the batch, Project Setup occasionally crashes. The only way to avoid this is to "split" the batch, view the results, then "merge" them again for export.
Could you please send us screenshots which show the problem and, if it is possible, adapted project and some samples to reproduce it?
Sorry, added 2 screen shots to my original post above that didn't stick yesterday. Attached to this post are the fields I'm capturing. "Block" contains the desired invoice elements and "Block1" contains the "consignee number" that I'm using as my index field in order to use the key fields assembly rule.
Here's an image showing that I loaded 2 separate invoices that both had the same "consignee number" on each page allowing them to be correctly combined for export. If I double click here to view results, Project Setup will crash. If I export...see next post...
When I export this result or allow this to be done through hot folders I get this...one blank row for each invoice line recognized -1. So in this case I have 69 invoice lines preceded by 68 blank rows.
Finally, if I "split" my result in project setup and then "merge" without doing anything else at all, I can both click to view the results on each page without crashing, and when I export, no blank rows...see attached.
Thank you for provided screenshots. We noticed that in the “OMD Manitowoc” document there are many “Invoice ” sections and one “Invoice ” section in the end. This result seems unusual for us and we cannot reproduce it, so could you please send us your project?
Would it be possible to PM (private message) the project to you for a less public way of sharing the information? Also, which files would you require?
The PDF document that was fed to the system in the case of my screenshots above, consisted of 2 invoices. A 23 page invoice and a 1 page invoice. I assumed that was the significance of the series of invoice sections and the single invoice section. Each of these would normally be broken out based on the header and footer details producing 2 export files; but in this case since I used the "key fields equality assembling rule" it merged them for export.
You may upload the project archived with password-protection on any file storage by your choice, and then send me the link and the password by private message on this forum.
Sorry for the delay in responding. It was a holiday here. I did some further testing today and I believe the source of the issue was that I was forcing a default value into a field that I created for export (not a field that was present on the docs').
That default value was just the text "NMB" (see attached). A soon as I removed that default value, everything works as expected. I put the default value back in and the blank rows reappear. Seems like a possible bug to me.
Thank you for detailed information!
Please sign in to leave a comment.