I am quite new to FlexiCapture (using the distributed version, v12).
- I would like to process semi-structured PDF documents that are placed into a hot folder.
- 95% of files I will need to process have a filename that includes an clue as to how the PDFs should be classified.
- For example, the document name might be "T123654-Text-FormType.pdf" ; where the *FormType* portion of the filename would uniquely indicate the classification of the form (and the document definition to be applied to extract data from the form).
- I have prepared in FlexiLayout Studio a number of alternative layouts - each relating to the FormType
My goal: Use the filename of the imported document to help FlexiCapture determine which classification to apply.
I think (but I am not sure) I need to do the following:
1) Prepare a script to: first get the filename from the hot-folder, then parse the filename and then somehow use the result of the parsing to map to the classification to be applied.
One challenge I have is how to use the script to tell FlexiCapture which alternative/classification to use.
2) Add a Workflow Stage (presumably after hotfolder file import, but before recognition) and place the script there.
Any help people can give me is very appreciated.
Background only: I have tried to see if this question is already answered in the forums & found the following
- http://www.capturedocs.com/thread/parse-filename/ - in this Vladimir Dimitrijevic suggested creating a Service field in Document definition (right click in Fields pane -> Create Field -> Service Field.)
- http://www.capturedocs.com/thread/how-to-use-service-field - in this Ilya Evdokimov said that Service fields are read-only; and instead to create a Text Field.
- http://www.capturedocs.com/thread/change-a-document-classification-automatically/ - where Hawkeye69 posted has a similar problem to mine; but there was no reply to his post.
- http://www.capturedocs.com/thread/flexicapture-batch-documents-naming-configuration-pattern/?order=all#comment-c7b94774-37b4-4b27-a937-a9d90041ec6a - where Hawkeye69 posted some promising C# code.
- http://www.capturedocs.com/thread/is-the-definition-file-name-embedded-in-a-processed-fc-document-file/ - where Ekaterina kindly shared some links after Prasad noted that classificiation could be sped up in his environment if he could pass the classification to be assigned using an attribute from the the file name.