Community

OMR design recommendation

Hi,

Do you have any OMR design guideline or recommendation ie: check box size, width, height, gap between boxes/ circles, gap between group, line should not be shaded etc, what is the optimum OMR design for Abbyy OMR recognition?

Thank You

Comments

5 comments

Oksana Serdyuk

Could you please specify what ABBYY product do you use?

Comment actions Permalink
    chooyin

ABBYY FineReader Engine 11

Oksana Serdyuk

Hi, sorry for my long silence.

There is no a ready OMR design guideline, but as far as I know, for proper checkmark recognition in ABBYY technologies the following recommendations exist:

1. The recommended field sizes are 3.5x3.5 mm, 4x4 mm, 4.5x4.5 mm or 5x5 mm (if circular checkmark fields are used, they must fit into squares of recommended sizes).
    2. The recommended line width for square checkmark field borders is from 0.4 mm up to 0.8 mm (irrespective of the size of the field).
    3. The recommended distance from the checkmark field to the field text should be from 2 mm up to 7 mm.

Also please review the Developer's Help → Guided Tour → Advanced Techniques → Recognizing Checkmarks to know the peculiarities of OMR in FineReader Engine.

Hope this will be helpful!

Rama Reddy

Hi,

I am using ABBY Fine reader 12. Can suggest me what process i can fallow to recognize check boxes properly?

Helen Osetrova

Hi Rama,

Please consult the corresponded topic: https://forum.ocrsdk.com/thread/check-box-in-abby-fine-reader/

Please sign in to leave a comment.