Community

Capture square size in TextCapture example

I am trying out the Android TextCapture example. I have it running and everything works fine. I am playing around with change some of the features before I create my own app. I cannot seem to find where to change the size of the capture square. In the TextCapture example, the capture space is a square centered directly in the screen, however, I would like to make the capture space the width of the screen, which it is now, but the height to only be 150 pixels tall. The reason for this is that the text we plan to capture will have other text next to it, but we need to capture just one line at a time. Our users will not be able to stand close to the object they are capturing.

Comments

2 comments

Jason Newport

I found the setting that works. This cannot be set higher than 49 or the capture space will be negative.

private static final int areaOfInterestMargin_PercentOfHeight = 40;

Comment actions Permalink
    Oksana Serdyuk

If we understand correctly, you use ABBYY Real-Time Recognition SDK. We have changed the category to the right one.

Regarding your question, to change the area of interest please use the setAreaOfInterest method.

Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.