Community

Logo Text Detection

Hi,

I need to extract the logo text of the source document and I'm currently using textDetection profile for extraction. Is there any option/setting to fine tune extraction of logo text?

Comments

3 comments

Helen Osetrova

Hi Vishnu,

Please post here your source document and performed settings to get more specific recommendations. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Vishnu Vardhan

Hey helen,

I'm using the following settings,

language=English&profile=textExtraction&imageSource=auto&exportFormat=txt,xml&xml:writeFormatting=true

Thanks,

Vishnu

Helen Osetrova

Hi Vishnu,

The settings are correct, but there are some issues with this logo which make text recognition difficult: 

- The first word is typed by the decorative font and its letters are written together. For such cases, the word could be treated as a picture and recognition quality could be unsatisfying.

- Some words have the large gaps (almost the same width as the space character) between the letters, so they are recognized as several words.

- Some letters are extremely close to each other, so they could be recognized as a single character.

If it is possible, please consider using the other font for the logo. You can also find useful our Source Image Recommendations.

Please sign in to leave a comment.