The error appeared during installation, the installation stucks. Once clicking cancel on the Windows Installer Coordinator, the installation stops and nothing is installed.
You can get error in Event logs error: ERR_SVR_SERVER_DB_CONNECTION_IS_NOT_CONFIGURED
1. Uninstall previous installed software (be sure that the folder \C:\inetpub\wwwroot\FlexiCapture12\Server\ or \Stations\ is empty);
2. This problem may be caused because of the incompatibility with the Embedded MSI technology and the Windows Installer Coordinator. The Coordinator is responsible for keeping multiple MSI installations from running concurrently.
3. The workaround for this issue is to disable the Remote Desktop Session Host Windows Installer for the duration of the installation.
The RDSH (Remote Desktop Session Host) setting can be changed using the following
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Terminal Services\TSAppSrv\TSMSI\Enable.
- Local Computer Policy (MMC + Group Policy ObjectEditor)\Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Remote Desktop Services\Remote Desktop Session Host\Application Compatibility – Turn off Windows Installer RDS Compatibility
- This might require changes in group policies by a domain administrator.
4. In case if you do not have TSMSI in your Registry Editor, please try the second option:
- Local Computer Policy (run the following: gpedit.msc) \Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Remote Desktop Services\Remote Desktop Session Host\Application Compatibility – Turn off Windows Installer RDS Compatibility
- To turn off Windows Installer RDS Compatibility double-click on it and select Enable.
- As this action might require changes in group policies, please, try to contact your administrator.
5. Uninstall the software in the standard way via installation launcher.
6. Proceed with the installation.