If the Field Location Training is disabled, the system will still remember the training results and will be using it. If you want to clear the training results and revert to the original, untrained state, you can delete the training batch in the Project Setup Station using the Field Extraction Training Batches view.
If you are not satisfied with the training results and you want to change them, there are 2 options to solve this point:
1) you should add more relevant images to the training batch and train the batch until you get a confident training result. You may do this in the Project Setup Station using the Field Extraction Training Batches view. You can also look through the contents of already created training batches and change the status of the added documents that give bad results to "For Testing" or "Unused" and try to retrain the batch.
NOTE: new training results are always compared to previously created trained layout and only applied if new training result is superb to the old one. The training results are stored as *.afl file after the training is performed and can be changed only by retraining. As a result, if the training is flawed it is often easier to re-train the variant from scratch.
2) you may retrain the variant layout from scratch. In order to do it please make the following steps:
1. change the variant of the training batch to some other variant (right-click the batch -> "Change Variant..."). Please consider creating a proxy variant record in the Document Definition for this purpose;
2. create a new training batch;
3. assign the new batch for a specified variant (right-click the batch -> "Change Document Definition..." -> Select the Document Definition -> right-click the batch -> "Change Variant..." -> Select a variant);
4. load relevant documents to the batch or copy them from the initial training batch;
5. assign the correct field positions in the documents used for training;
6. train the batch;
7. delete the old batch.
To lock the training batch from further automatic training, you should disable the "Training" stage in the Advanced workflow schema or deselect "Enable training" checkmark in Simple workflow schema. You need to do it for each batch type in the project separately.
To lock the training batch from training by operators, you need to enable the option "Lock Training by Operators" (right-click the training batch -> "Lock Training by Operators"):