When ABBYY FineReader is started on a workstation, the following error message appears:
"Error communicating with ABBYY Product Licensing Service on %SERVERNAME%: The RPC server is unavailable."
Note! This article only explains how to deal with this problem in a network installation of ABBYY FineReader. If you encounter this problem on a local installation, please see this article.
If you encounter this error, you should first check if the computer with the License Server is accessible from the workstation:
- Create any shared folder on computer with ABBYY FineReader License Server installed, for example Test;
- Open Windows Explorer window on a workstation (“Windows +E” on keyboard);
- Type \\SERVERNAME in the address bar and press Enter. Then try to open the Test folder.
If the License Server is accessible, you should set up a TCP/IP connection between it and the workstation:
- instructions for FineReader 15
- instructions for FineReader 14
- instructions for FineReader 12 is published in the corresponding System Administrator`s guide.