How to use a Gmail account for import and export in FlexiCapture considering the 'Less secure' option is obsolete?
- App Passwords can only be used with accounts that have 2-Step Verification turned on. Check if 2-step verification is turned on, if it is not, it is necessary to set it up and turn it on.
- Go to the Security section of Google Account Settings. Choose App Passwords, select 'Select an application' and select 'Other (custom name)'. After typing in a name, click the generate button. After this, a notification will be sent that the password has been created. Copy the password and save it.
- Create a new Image Import Profile (open the project in the Project Setup Station > Project > ImageImport Profiles > New). Choose Hot Folder: IMAP Server.
- Specify the address of the IMAP server: imap.gmail.com.
- Click settings and specify your Gmail login and previously saved password. Choose the Type of encrypted connection: SSL.
- Click Browse and select the folder (mailbox) from the list of available ones. For example, in the screenshot below, the folder Inbox can be used for Import.
If the Inbox folder was specified, the settings will look like this: