When ABBYY FineReader is started the following error message appears:
Error code 258.
A conflict with CCleaner software settings.
If CCleaner software is installed on your computer, follow the steps below:
- Launch CCleaner.
- Click on Registry.
- Tick off ActiveX and Class Issues section to exclude it from scanning.
Important: do not tick on this option in the future to not clean files which are used in FineReader.
- Go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
- Right-click onto ABBYY FineReader and select Modify and then Repair.
- Wait until the installation is completed.
- Launch FineReader and check if the issue persists.
If CCleaner is not installed on your machine, follow the steps from the article.
armando garcia lagos barba
Tenía el error 258 cuando actualicé a Windows 10, pero siguiendo estas instrucciones lo corregí. Gracias.
Hi Armando Garcia,
We are glad that the article was helpful!
This solution no longer applies to me because I uninstalled a trial of CCleaner.
Do I understand you correctly that the issue is still actual after CCleaner uninstallation? Have you tried to follow recommendations from the article: https://support.abbyy.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005182125?
Please sign in to leave a comment.