The Server Manager Service can fail to start and the following error message appears:
"Windows could not start the ABBYY Recognition Server 4.0 Server Manager on Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 20050323."
The System Event Log contains the following message: "ABBYY Recognition Server 4.0: Cannot start Server Manager service: Configuration file corrupted".
The most common cause of the corruption of the configuration file is an incorrect termination of ABBYY Recognition Server (such as when a voltage jump caused the computer to restart).
In order to solve this situation, please, do the following:
- Stop ABBYY Recognition Server 4.0 services (Start → Administration Tools → Services);
- Open the folder C:\ProgramData\ABBYY Recognition Server 4.0;
- Delete the Сonfiguration.xml file (or rename it for a backup, just in case);
- (Optional) If you want to restore setting from the last properly terminated state, please rename the backup configuration file Сonfiguration.bak to Сonfiguration.xml.
Else the new configuration file will be created with ABBYY Recognition Server's default settings:
- Start C:\Program Files (x86)\ABBYY Recognition Server 4.0\Bin\ConfigureOCRServer.exe.
- Make sure a new Сonfiguration.xml has been created in the folder C:\ProgramData\ABBYY Recognition Server 4.0
- Start ABBYY Recognition Server 4.0 services (Start → Administration Tools → Services).