When trying to reinstall FineReader <edition> program on the same machine, the following error messages may appear:
- ABBYY Licensing Service is unavailable: The RPC server is unavailable.
Diagnostic Message: 950(0x000006BA) 1050(0x000006BA).
- The 'ABBYY FineReader <edition> Licensing Service' (ABBYY.Licensing.FineReader.<edition>) can not be started. Please make sure you have sufficient rights to start the service.
The reinstallation issue may occur due to some files from the previous installation, that are still on the machine.
In order to resolve the issue and install the program, please follow the steps below:
1. Delete the following folders:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\ABBYY FineReader <edition>.
Note: the Program Data folder may be hidden. To show hidden folders, consult the following link: Show hidden files.
2. Make sure that FineReader Licensing service is not displayed in the registry branch:
sc delete "ABBYY.Licensing.FineReader.15.0"
3. Download the last release of your copy of FineReader: Download links for FineReader PDF 15.
4. Start the installation process by right-clicking on the downloaded file and selecting Run as administrator.
If the issue is still actual, after the steps above, please contact the Support Team.
If you have Carbon Black antivirus software installed on your computer check the following article.
This procedure did not work on Fine Reader 15.
Note that this article describes how to resolve the specified issue for older versions of the ABBYY programs (FineReader 12, PDF Transformer +, FineReader 12 Sprint). The solution for FineReader 15 may be different.
suddenly from 25.09.2020 ABBY FINE READER 14 says
ABBY Licensing Service is unavailable
The RPC server is unavailable
I have been using for the last 4 years
can any body give solution
i have uninstalled and again reinstalled on 26.09.2020
I`ve created a support ticket based on your question. Please await a reply from Customer Support team soon.
I was using fine Reader 15 in some month. Was working perfect.
Today I get message that "ABBY Licensing Service is unavailable"
Can You help me?
Please consult the following article if the error occurs during the start of FineReader PDF 15: https://support.abbyy.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005118465
I get following message:
Hmmm… can't reach this page :-(
I have updated the link in my reply above. Sorry for the inconvenience. You can copy to the browser address line the following: https://support.abbyy.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005118465
Hello Roscislaw Solowiej,
If it is not the first installation on the computer, then try to remove the folders and install FineReader anew:
Or try the solution described in the following article: https://support.abbyy.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012445419.
If it does not help, please create a support ticket and our Customer Support will help you with troubleshooting.
Please sign in to leave a comment.