The error Referenced file not found: '<DataSet name>' is shown when opening the Document Definition.
The issue is most probably related to the corresponding DataSet corruption.
In order to solve this issue, follow these steps:
- Close Project Setup Station if it’s opened.
- Start Process Monitor utility (Process Monitor - Sysinternals). Set to capture only file system activity.
- Start Project Setup Station and try to open Document Definition Editor for Document Definition with the issue. Wait until “file not found” appear, and remember the file name.
- Go to Process Monitor, stop activity capture, and set filter to show only records containing the file name in the path – there should be the path to a temp folder ending with [<N>]<FileName> where <N> – some number, <FileName> – the name of the data set.
By default, the temp folder starts with C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\ABBYY\FlexiCapture\<FCVersion>\CheckoutData.
- Open FlexiCapture File Storage and find the last available data set caches (the path should be similar to <FileStoragePath>\<GUID>\project_<ProjectId>\DatabaseCaches_TemplateCaches\Template_<TemplateId>\Version_<VersionNumber>).
- Select the folder with the name <FileName> from step 4, copy it to the temp folder, and add [<N>] to the name.
- Repeat steps 3-6 (without starting Project Setup Station on step 3 and stopping activity capture on step 4) for all data sets where the issue is reproduced.
- When the Document Definition will be finally opened, go to the Data Sets tab and update the data sets. Save the changes and publish the Document Definition.