FineReader Server 14 supports Pattern training feature which you can use for recognition of non-standard fonts or special characters. Below you will find instructions how to train and use already trained pattern for recognition.
To train a pattern:
- Enable Verification in Workflow properties > Quality control.
- When a document is opened on Verification station create a new pattern in Tools > Pattern Editor: click New.... and enter a name for your pattern. Press OK. Now you can train the program to recognize character images that are new to it.
- Click Tools > Pattern Training.
- When the program encounters a character or ligature it cannot recognize, the Pattern Training dialog box will pop up showing the image of the unknown character or ligature.
- Press the corresponding character or character sequence on the keyboard.
Ligatures are sequences of two or three characters that are printed so close together that they appear as one character to the program.
- To exit the pattern training mode, click the Save Pattern and Finish Training button.When you are done training, click Close. The program will ask you if you want to save the training results. Click Yes.
- After the OCR is complete, check the recognized text. If any of the characters have been recognized incorrectly, click the Continue Pattern Training button. A new OCR process will be launched, for which the program will use the newly trained patterns.
How to edit a pattern:
On Verification station click on Tools > Pattern Editor > Edit if you need to edit the pattern:
If you want to preserve the text effects, select the required text effect (i.e. italic, bold, superscript or subscript) in the Effects group of options.
If you need to use a trained pattern for another files:
- Open workflow settings > Process.
- Click on Advanced Settings.
- Upload a pattern in User pattern and languages.
- Save changes.
More information you can find in FineReader Server online help.
Please sign in to leave a comment.