FineReader for ScanSnap in combination with ScanSnap Manager utility of Fujitsu can capture text from a scanned document and save it as a Microsoft Word document, a Microsoft Excel workbook, a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation, or a searchable PDF document.
Below you may find the instructions on how to scan documents and convert them into searchable PDFs with FineReader for ScanSnap:
- Start ScanSnap Manager application > go to ScanSnap Manager menu > select Settings;
Or right-click ScanSnap Manager icon > select Settings;
- In the top left corner of the ScanSnap window uncheck the option Use Quick Menu;
- Open Application tab;
- Create a profile or select an existing one;
- Define the scanning settings, a destination to save documents;
- Select ABBYY Scan to Searchable PDF in the Application drop-down list;
- Click the Application Settings... button to define the settings for the conversion in FineReader for ScanSnap, such as Document language;
- Click Apply and try scanning with the profile by pressing the Scan button on the scanner.
A document will be scanned and converted to a Searchable PDF with FineReader for ScanSnap.