How can I remove the expired license from the FineReader\Recognition Server Administration console if the deactivation is not available?
To remove the expired license from the FineReader\Recognition Server Administration console you should follow steps:
- Deactivate the license (if possible);
- Close the Admin console;
- Stop the Licensing service and the Server manager service;
- Go to %programdata%\ABBYY FineReader Server 14.0 (or %programdata%\ABBYY Recognition Server 4.0)
- Copy the Configuration.xml file somewhere (as backup)
- Open the Configuration.xml in notepad as admin and delete the whole <License ... /> node which contains this license.
- Save the changes
- Start the Licensing Service and the Server Manager Service, open the Admin console, and check that the license has been removed.
If workflows get deleted, you should stop the services and replace the changed Configuration.xml with the one you saved on step 5.
Detailed information about the configuration file could be found here: Configuration File