When you add the *.doc(x) file to the Compare Documents application, the error message may appear. The error states that the file can not be opened, and Microsoft Office Word is not responding.
The issue may appear because of the following reasons:
- To work with editable formats (DOC(X), XLS(X), PPT(X), VSD(X), HTML, RTF, TXT, ODT, ODS, ODP) in FineReader PDF 15, Microsoft® Office or Apache® OpenOffice should be installed on the computer. For more information, please check FineReader PDF 15 specification.
The error message appears since none of the required programs are installed on the computer.
- The issue may be related to the Click-to-Run installation of Microsoft Office software package.
To resolve the issue, please install the required software (Microsoft® Office or Apache® OpenOffice).
If the Microsoft® Office or Apache® OpenOffice is installed on the PC but the issue appears, try to repair MS Office as described in the Microsoft Knowledge base article: Repair an Office application.
Check whether the error no longer appears.
If the error persists, please submit a request and provide the following information:
- Was the Microsoft Office package installed using the standard method (using the installation from the distribution kit) or using the Click-to-Run technology?
- Specify the version of Microsoft Office installed on the computer.
- Does the error occur when loading all documents or specific ones? Please provide some documents that cannot be uploaded due to the error message.
- Send the AInfo log: How to collect AInfo log for FineReader.