While installing FineReader Server 14see the following error message appears:
Abbyy.FineReader.Server.Setup.UI.Model: *** ERROR: An error occurred while acquiring or verifying the package: FineReaderServer.
There are several possible causes for this issue:
- Corrupted distribution kit
- System updates are not installed
- Certificate problem
Corrupted distribution kit
- Remove unpacked distribution kit (C:\temp\ABBYY FineReader Server 14.0.x.xxx).
- Download the distribution kit anew and unpack it into another folder.
Please use the following link:
- Please check EXE and MSI files once more as before and make sure that the Certification path is displayed as on the screenshot below:
System updates are not installed
- The latest system updates must be installed on the machine for digital certificates to work correctly.
- Make sure that the time is set correctly on the machine and is synchronized with the network.
- The issue occurs because certificate authority may not be available in the Trusted Root Certification Authorities of Windows (GlobalSign in that case). Please, check if it is available:
The following certificate must be added to the specified path by the System Administrator.
GlobalSign certificates can be downloaded from the official website:
Information about importing and exporting certificates can be found here:
- You need to make sure that group security policies do not interfere with the installation of root certificates: Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates\System > Internet Communication Management
In case the issue persists, please contact ABBYY Technical Support and provide us with the logs:
- Installation logs.
- Application and System Event Logs.