How can the workflows from the Recognition Server (versions 3 and 4) be migrated to the FineReader Server 14?
FineReader Server 14 can be installed alongside an existing Recognition Server installation. The configuration of the previous version of the Recognition Server can be imported into FineReader Server 14.
To import the configuration:
- While in the Remote Administration Console of one of the previous versions of Recognition Server, select the Recognition Server node and click the Properties button on the toolbar, or select the corresponding item on the shortcut menu.
- In the Recognition Server Properties dialogue box, click the Export… button.
- Save the Configuration.xml file to the selected folder.
- In the FineReader Server Remote Administration Console, select the FineReader Server node and click the Properties button on the toolbar, or select the corresponding item on the shortcut menu.
- In the FineReader Server Properties dialogue box, click the Import… button in the Export/Import Settings group and specify a path to the saved Configuration.xml file.
- User dictionaries, samples, and templates are saved to separate files and are not transferred when importing configuration. They must be connected separately in the processing scenario settings.
- If both versions are installed on the same computer, it is necessary to reconfigure input settings after importing the configuration in order to avoid conflicts.
- In this version of FineReader Server, a number of changes have been made to the XML result file. As a consequence, it might be necessary to modify the software that integrates FineReader Server with a data storage system. For detailed information, please refer to the section of FineReader Server Help which describes the XML result file.