Provide details on FlexiCapture 12 components interactions.
- The client application establishes an http or https connection to the Application Server and the Application Server authenticates the client's user. The client then uses this connection to send document images and processing settings to the Application Server.
- The Application Server saves the images in the file storage and adds records with the following information to the database:
- A new document has been imported
- The document's processing stage
- The settings to be used when processing the document
- The location of the document's images in the file storage
- The Processing Server constantly sends requests for new processing tasks to the Application Server. After it receives documents from the client, the Application Server will reply to one of these requests with a response containing information about the new document and the processing operations this document requires. The Processing Server then picks an available Processing Station that can carry out these operations.
- The Processing Station requests task details from the Application Server. The Application Server sends a response containing the document images, a list of required processing operations and processing settings.
- The Processing Station processes the document and sends it back to the Application Server, which updates the document in the file storage and the document's status information in the database.
- In most cases, the document will be verified manually at this point, either because manual verification is specified in its processing settings or because automatic document checks detected data that requires manual verification. Verification is carried out by users of verification clients after providing authentication credentials. The client requests documents for verification from the Application Server, which sends a response containing document images and extracted data. Once the user finishes verifying the document, the verification client sends any data that was edited during verification back to the Application Server. The Application Server updates the document in the file storage and the document's status information in the database.
- ABBYY FlexiCapture lets users create custom workflows that can include any number of processing stages. The stages have a wide variety of customization options, including automatic and manual processing operations for each station and an extensive range of settings. Document routing between these stages is also fully customizable. All automatic processing operations are performed by the Processing Server and Processing Stations. Manual operations are performed on client applications as described above.
- Once the document has been processed, it is sent to a Processing Station, which converts it to the desired format, connects to back-end systems and exports the document.
- After receiving a notification that the document has been exported from the Processing Station, the Application server moves the document to the Processed stage, summarizes data about the document's processing on all of the processing stages and writes this data to tables that will be used to generate processing reports. Finally, the Application Server deletes the document's images from the file storage and its data from the database after the document's user-specified storage time expires.